Terms and conditions for Haringey Libraries Room Hire
These terms and conditions are for all room, space, hall and gallery hires in Haringey Libraries.
1. All room bookings requests are at the discretion of Haringey Libraries.
2. The fee is per hour, payable 28 days in advance. Prices listed on the libraries room hire website. Payment must be via online, BACS or cash/card payments onsite. Bookings are not secured until payment is made.
3. In the event of a booking being made less than 28 days prior to the date of hire, payment in full must be made online or cash/card payments onsite.
4. You must not bring your own food and drinks into the meeting space without prior agreement.
5. Smoking/vaping is not permitted in the building.
6. We accept no responsibility for publicity produced by the hirer before a booking is confirmed.
7. No animals on the premises, except for guide and assistance dogs.
8. Any filming must be declared upon booking and can only be authorised by library management.
9. In line with our statutory obligations, no booking will be accepted for use of a room/space by any individual or group for the purposes of promoting extremism, criminality, or violence of any kind. All bookings will be subject to due-diligence to ensure that they do not pose a risk to public-safety or community-cohesion.
10. The Hirer shall, during the period of hire, be responsible for supervision of the premises.
11. The Council shall not accept any responsibility or liability in respect of any loss, theft or damage of or to any goods or property of the Hirer.
12. All hirers must state the purpose of the hire. Without this, the booking will automatically be rejected.
Room booking procedure
13. Bookings are made on a first come first served basis on our online booking platform unless stated otherwise.
14. You will not be given access to your room before your booking time, and you are expected to leave the room at the agreed time.
15. Any overstay charge will be charged at the published rate for any hour or part of an hour beyond the agreed finishing time.
16. Bookings will usually be made within the opening hours of the library. Bookings that extend beyond this period will be by arrangement and will incur additional charges plus charges to cover security costs.
o A surcharge of 50% of the hire cost
o A minimum charge of £100 for out of hours security provision (actual price on application).
17. A community rate will be offered to registered charities (charity registration number must be provided at time of booking) or Haringey based community groups / voluntary organisations who are non-profit making. This must be stated at the point of booking.
18. Rooms booked at the community rate cannot host events where the public will be charged a fee to attend or for services offered.
19. If the noise level you create disturbs other bookers and/or residents, you will be asked to reduce this noise. Failure to act upon this request promptly will result in the termination of your booking without right to a refund.
20. There must be a named individual on the booking form who will take the responsibility for the observance of terms and conditions. This will be automatically considered the named individual who books the room/space unless stated otherwise.
21. Your booking is not confirmed until payment in full is made and we have sent you a booking/payment confirmation.
22. If the room that is booked is unavailable due to any unforeseen circumstances, then we will offer an alternative location where possible or a free rescheduled booking.
23. Rooms will not be available on Bank Holidays.
24. Deposits may be required for certain requests and will be informed at the point of request approval. Deposits are deducted from final payment and follow the refund policy below.
Licenses & Regulations
25. The hirer shall be responsible in obtaining consent and an appropriate license if:
a. there will be sale of alcohol on the premises
b. a performance of copyright music and entertainment
26. The hirer will need to obtain consent from the library service for the use of the space firstly and then apply to Licensing if you were wishing to offer licensable activities. If you require further information about licences in Haringey, please visit www.haringey.gov.uk/licensing or contact [email protected]
27. In line with Haringey Council’s Equal Opportunity Policy (https://www.haringey.gov.uk/local-democracy/about-council/equalities/equal-opportunities-policy) , you must not use language or behaviour which could be construed as discriminatory whilst on the premises.
Safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults
28. Individuals/organisations that are working with children and young people must show library staff a copy of their Child Protection Policy prior to the day of your booking.
29. If your booking involves children, young people or vulnerable adults, you must make sure that they are always supervised while on the premises and that the supervisor has the appropriate DBS check and follows best practice. Evidence of the DBS checks must be shown to library staff prior to the day of your booking.
30. We expect you to safeguard children and vulnerable persons in line with all Health and Safety Regulations and Legal requirements and with Haringey Council's Safeguarding Policies.
Health and Safety
31. You are responsible for ensuring that no activity takes place that might endanger the general health and safety of any person present in the building. If you are involved in activities on the premises where injury or damage may be possible you must provide us with a Risk Assessment, method statement and appropriate liability insurance in advance.
32. You are responsible for familiarising yourself with the fire evacuation procedures of the premises, and for passing this information onto anyone using the room you have booked. You should ensure that you have sufficient staff/supervisors to oversee the evacuation of all room users in case of emergency.
33. It shall be the responsibility of the Hirer to familiarise themselves with the location of all entrances and exits to and from the premises including all fire and emergency exits and the location of any fire fighting equipment. The Hirer shall ensure that all entrances and exits are free of obstruction and can be safely used and that there are no obvious fire hazards on the premises.
34. You must have permission from us to bring any equipment onto our premises. Any equipment you bring onto the premises is done so at your own risk and any loss or damage to your property is your responsibility. You must advise us in advance of any electrical equipment you plan to bring onto the premises. Such equipment must be fit for use and display a current PAT test label. If we see you using equipment without a PAT test label that we deem unsafe we can ask you to stop using it. If you refuse to stop using your equipment any future bookings you have with us, confirmed or otherwise may be subject to cancellation.
Use of premises and insurance
36. You shall pay to the Council on demand an amount for any damage caused to any equipment, furniture or any other items belonging to the library whilst on the premises.
37. You can only have access to the room you have booked shown on your invoice plus use of the public toilets and other common areas, and you can only use the room/s for the purpose stipulated on your booking request.
38. Depending on the nature of your booking and to comply with our Public Entertainment Licence and Health and Safety Regulations, it may be necessary to have library staff present in any space with public access.
39. You are responsible for any damage or harm done to persons, building or property arising from your actions or omissions or those of your members or group. You must ensure that you have insurance policies to cover your activities; that you and anyone engaged on your behalf is covered by public and employers' liability insurances. This will need to be shown at the point of booking.
40. You must ensure that you leave the room as you found it, removing all your equipment and putting all rubbish in the bin and washing any crockery or cutlery that belongs to the library.
41. In no circumstances shall rooms be locked.
42. If you hire Haringey IT equipment (projector) it is your responsibility to check that the equipment is compatible with any other software or hardware that you would like to use. We will provide IT support only where staff are available to assist.
Room cancellation charges
Refunds are subject to the receipt being supplied and minimum 14 days' notice of cancellation being given. If the notice of cancellation is less than 14 days, the cancellation of a booking shall be subject and amount refunded is stated below
• more than 14 days notice – full refund
• more than 7 days notice – 75% refund
• more than 3 days notice – 50% refund
• less than 2 days notice – no refund
Data protection statement
Haringey Council uses your personal data so you can book a meeting room. We require some of your personal data (name and contact details) to administer your room booking. The council requires your permission to process this data.
Your personal information will only be used by our library services team and will be reviewed or destroyed after 3 years or less. You have the right to ask for any of your details to be removed at any point in time for our records however please note that by removing your contact details, you may not be able to book a room.
If you are concerned about how the council is using your data, please contact our Data Protection Officer via [email protected]. More information about your rights is available on our website, or via the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk).
Please confirm that you have read and accept the Terms and Conditions for hiring rooms or space at Haringey Libraries at the point of booking.